You can communicate one-on-one with our users in three different ways:
- Sending a "Wave"
- Sending a Private Message
- Posting a public comment on their profile
A "Wave" is just a little nudge or greeting to tell the user that you're thinking of them and wanted to say hello. You can "wave back" at users who wave at you, as well. You cannot customize this message - it's just a quick way to send a "virtual high-five." :)
- Visit the user's profile.
- Click the Send Wave button at the top of the profile page.
- Confirm in the pop-up box that you want to send the wave. That's it!
If a member's privacy settings allow them to receive private messages from anyone in the community, you can send that user a private message that only the two of you will see.
- Click the member's username to visit their profile.
- Click the Send Message button at the top of the profile page.
- Type your message and subject line.
- Click the Send button.
Please note that if a user restricts their privacy settings to only receive messages from friends, you won't be able to message the user privately unless they've added you to their friends list.
Public Profile Comments
At the bottom of each user's profile is a section called a "Wall." Much like Facebook's Wall function, our Wall allows you to post comments on the user's profile that are visible to anyone who can view the profile. The user can delete these at their discretion.